Great Preparation for Medical School

"I would recommend Exercise Science as a major for any student who is interested in pursuing a health profession. I am currently studying to be a physician and cannot emphasize enough how well this major prepared me for medical school. Not only did it allow me early and thorough experience in anatomy labs, it taught me practical skills that I will use and pass on to my future patients. The professors in the department are incredible and truly care about every individual student. They make classes fun and engaging, as well as challenging. Along with class, there are many research opportunities throughout the department. Exercise Science as a major is perfect for a student who loves science but wants to work with people and gain extensive knowledge about the preventive effects of a healthy lifestyle along the way."

Sarah Kottenstette, Class of 2017
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Class of 2021