Holistic and Patient-Centered

"The Exercise Science & Pre-Health Professions curriculum allowed me to transform my interests in health and fitness into a career in medicine. The faculty’s emphasis on human anatomy and physiology, engagement in research, and professional development present tremendous opportunities for anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in healthcare.  Being an Exercise Science student helped me build the knowledge base necessary to prepare for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) and get accepted into medical school. More importantly, however, being an Exercise Science student provided me with a new perspective on human health. In the process of learning about how various styles of diet and exercise affect the body, I had the unique opportunity to learn about the relationship between diet, exercise and a variety of disease processes. Because of my background as an Exercise Science student, I feel more prepared to address the concerns of my patients in a holistic and patient-centered way."

Michael Bodenhausen, Class of 2021
University of Missouri, School of Medicine
Class of 2025